The best way to understand another culture is to experience it and to connect with it for a prolonged period. This also encourages a deeper understanding of our own cultures as we interact with and learn from others. At the University of Denver, we strive to develop cross-cultural connections—and the new perspectives that come with them—by encouraging students to study and live abroad for at least one quarter. We want our graduates to appreciate and understand the differences and interdependencies that characterize our world.
What is Study Abroad?
Study abroad is an academic experience in which students live abroad for a term to take coursework, conduct research, or complete internships that applies to their DU career and degree.
Studying abroad is a truly transformative experience. While studying internationally you'll gain a new outlook, not only on your education but also on your own identity and your worldview. The Office of International Education believes that developing cross-cultural connections that expand our students' minds is truly the most impactful experience you can have during your college experience.
Why Study Abroad Benefits Students…
- Discover exciting new ways of seeing & knowing
- Pursue academic interests in a fresh context (incl. homestays, service learning, experiential learning, & internships
- With study abroad it’s possible to earn major, minor, common core, or general elective credit. All while staying on track with your degree!
- Develop an international perspective of your field & career path
- Explore another region's history, society & culture in-depth
- Increase language fluency
- Improve your job prospects
It can work with your budget
You have lots of affordable options to choose from! Studying abroad on a DU partner program can be equal to or less than studying for a term at DU. We will help you find a program that works for your budget.
First Step Session Calendar
Find out when the next First Step Session is taking place.First Step Session Calendar
Have general questions about studying abroad? Want help on how to narrow down to the right program for you? Come to our Drop-in Advising sessions!Drop-In Advising