How We Help
Our advisers are dedicated to helping you find the perfect program for your academic and personal goals, and can help provide you with the preparation necessary to excel once you arrive.
First Step Session
Ready to get started with your study abroad planning? Your next step is to attend an in-person First Step Session where you will learn how to choose a program & get started on your DU Abroad application.
Fall Quarter 2022
- Mondays: 4-5pm in Community Commons 2600
- *10/24 in Anderson Academic Commons 301
- Tuesdays: 12-1pm in Community Commons 2600
- Wednesdays: 4-5pm in Community Commons 2600
- Thursdays: 12-1pm in Community Commons 2600
- *11/3 in Anderson Academic Commons 301
- Fridays: 11am-12pm in Community Commons 2600
- *10/21 and 11/4 in Anderson Academic Commons 301
This is where you start! Have general questions about studying abroad? Want help on how to narrow down to the right program for you? Come to our Drop-in Advising sessions! Bring your questions. Our Peer Advisors will help answer your questions & help you determine next steps.
- In-person: Monday-Thursday: 10-11am & 2-4pm in Community Commons Suite 3100
- Virtual: Friday: 10-11am & 2-4pm on Zoom: Meeting ID 819 2353 4447
Once you have narrowed it down to a program, learn more specifics about the program by Making an Appointment with an OIE Advisor. Before meeting with an OIE advisor you are required to attend our First Step Session (see above). OIE advisors help guide you through the study abroad application & pre-departure steps.