The University of Denver is privileged to work with sponsored students who are studying in our undergraduate and graduate programs.
A sponsored student is any student who has a scholarship that is paid to DU directly through a third-party billing agreement from their home university, home embassy, a company, or a U.S. government agency. The Sponsored Program at the University of Denver works with both international and domestic sponsored students.
Sponsored Student Fee: $150
Student Release of Records
Sponsored students are asked to complete this release so that we may communicate your academic progress to your sponsor. DU will not release student records without the consent of the student.
Log in to MyDU. Go to Pages, then click on "Student Resources," followed by "Records and Requests." Look under "Academic Records" and then click on "Release of Your Student Records (FERPA Release)."
Enter the following information:
Records to release: current enrollment, transcripts, progress report
Recipients: the name of your sponsor
Purpose of release: to maintain scholarship
Effective date: today’s date
End date: a day in the future.
Financial Responsibility Agreement
DU requires all students, both international and domestic, to complete this agreement. This agreement is different from the financial guarantee letter provided by your sponsor. While DU understands that you are a sponsored student it is the enrolled student who is ultimately responsible for agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Financial Responsibility Agreement. You must accept this agreement online in MyDU every year.
Health Insurance Waiver
All students registered for on-campus coursework at DU for one or more hours of graded credit are required to carry health insurance coverage. Therefore, all students are required to participate in the DU SHIP, unless they can provide proof of adequate, alternate health insurance. The waiver is only available after a student registers for the minimum graded credit hours and may only be processed by the student online. The waiver is only available after a student registers for classes and may only be processed online.
See the Health & Counseling Center's instructions for waiving the DU SHIP health insurance coverage.
Students can request an enrollment letter through their MyDU account. After logging in, go to Pages. Then, click on "Student Resources," followed by "Records and Requests," followed by "Request Enrollment or Degree Verification". Follow the step by step instructions to have a PDF verification sent directly to your email. You will need to forward the document on to the requesting party.
The verification of enrollment is official and does not require a signature or seal from the University. It contains the dates of the term, student status, and anticipated graduation date, and it is specific to each student.
Official transcripts are ordered by the Sponsored Program at the end of each quarter/semester and are processed by the Office of the Registrar when final grades are posted. Once received, the transcripts are reviewed by the Sponsored Program and organized per sponsoring agency. The shipment of these documents is dependent on when grades are submitted and when the official transcripts are issued. Information on when grades are due and posted:
- Quarter students
- LLM students and Taxation students at Sturm College of Law
- University College students
A student requiring an official transcript for their personal records may submit their order by visiting the Office of the Registrar either in person or online.
Services for sponsored students
- Provide specific orientation materials for new sponsored students.
- Assist in obtaining a waiver of DU medical insurance if the sponsor’s insurance meets DU’s minimum requirements.
- Facilitate the receipt of financial guarantee letters for the third party billing process.
- Help sponsored students communicate with their academic departments and sponsoring agencies.
- Reminders about expiring financial guarantee letters and expiring I-20/DS-2019s.
- Coordinates the ordering and shipping of official transcripts at the end of each quarter/semester.
- Support for sponsored students to help ensure academic success.
Services for sponsors
- Provide information to sponsors on DU’s academic programs.
- Facilitate sponsored student’s placement and admission between the sponsor, academic department, and admissions offices.
- Facilitate receipt of financial guarantee letter for third-party billing process.
- Provide official transcripts to the sponsor at the end of each term.
- Provide academic progress updates to the sponsor as requested.